The winners of the awards were announced at a dinner held on Saturday, October 12. More than 70 people attended the dinner to celebrate the 2019 competition.
Chief Steward, Anj Walla, said the competition this year was ‘truly amazing’.
There were 22 Bronze Medal Winners, 38 Silver Medal Winners & 19 Gold Medal Winners.
Best in Show: New Norcia Services Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The trophy winners were:
- Best in Show: New Norcia Services, New Norcia Services Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Best Boutique Oil of Show: Tarralea Grove, Tarralea Grove Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Barouni Manzanilla Ascolana
- Best Flavoured Oil of Show: Guinea Grove Farm, Basil Crush
- Best WA Oil of Show: New Norcia Services, New Norcia Services Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Best Commercial WA Oil of Show: The Sathya Olive Company, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Best Commercial Flavoured Oil of Show: Preston Valley Grove Pty Ltd, Chilli Pressed
- Best non-WA Oil of Show: Boundary Bend Olives, Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Reserve Hoji Blanca
- Best Commercial Oil of Show: Boundary Bend Olives, Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Reserve Hoji Blanca
Chief Steward, Anj Walla, said that this year’s oils were of a consistently high standard.
Gold medals were awarded in all classes and styles, indicating the panel of judges has an excellent appreciation of the quality parameters that define an outstanding oil.
The top award-winning oils had freshness, vibrancy, were complex and had the distinctive characteristics of a gold medal oil.
See all the results in the 2019 WA Olive Awards Result Booklet